What to Look For
Common warning signs of overdose could include, but are not limited to:
- Shallow breathing
- Excessive vomiting
- Slurred speech
- Difficulty breathing
If you suspect an individual has overdosed, call 911 immediately.
Over-consumption of prescribed, illegal, or over-the-counter substances can result in serious harm. An overdose requires immediate medical attention and can be fatal. If you suspect overdose, call 911.
What emergency responders need to know:
- Person’s name and birthdate
- Known prescribed medications
- Known medical conditions or allergies
- Substance – what it is, the amount, and when it was ingested
- History of substance misuse and/or mental health concerns